Approximately 30 million people go undiagnosed with varicose veins or Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI). Visiting a vein specialist to receive necessary treatment for varicose veins is vital for practical outcomes. Leaving varicose veins untreated can cause symptoms to worsen. Family Medicine and Vein Clinic is the leader in Northeast Nebraska in diagnosing and treating varicose veins. Venefit is one treatment option available to help ease the pain of varicose veins. This procedure takes approximately one hour with minimal to no discomfort, with returning to work the same day.
5 Common Vein Treatment Questions
- How do I know if I need vein treatment? Symptoms of varicose veins may include inflammation, areas that are tender to the touch, skin color changes, ulcerations, and other signs of skin breakdown.
- Is there anything I can do to prevent developing varicose veins? A healthy lifestyle along with exercising can take pressure off your veins and help to maintain a steady blood flow.
- Which treatment is best for me? Every patient has different varicose vein symptoms, and treatment plans can differ. Two treatment options are endovenous thermal ablation and sclerotherapy.
- Are there any side effects of vein treatment? A little discomfort and bruising may occur but usually goes away a few days after treatment.
- What happens after treatment? Treating your varicose veins can relieve pain and help with your overall, long-term health.
To find the best option for your varicose veins treatment, call Family Medicine and Vein Clinic at (402) 316-4320 to schedule your appointment today!