All about Venefit™ Procedure
Also known as targeted endovenous therapy, Venefit is a minimally invasive treatment option that uses radiofrequency to treat vein disease. A catheter is placed into the vein to deliver consistent heat to contract the collagen in the walls of the vein. Blood will then re-route to other healthy veins once the diseased vein is shrunk and closed.
Facts about Venefit™ Procedure
- The procedure takes approximately 45-60 minutes
- Patients generally report little to no pain
- The procedure typically is done under local anesthetic
- Reduced complications, less bruising, and faster recovery compared to other methods
- Venefit is not designed to address cosmetic issues or spider veins, however, Venefit can make cosmetic improvements
To find the best treatment for you, call Family Medicine and Vein Clinic at (402) 316-4320 and schedule your appointment today!