Spider Veins and Sclerotherapy
Sclerotherapy is minimally invasive and considered the treatment of choice for spider veins. During this procedure, medication is injected with a tiny needle directly into the vein causing the veins to shrink and absorb by the body. This treatment may also relieve symptoms such as aching, burning and swelling.
- Procedure typically does not require hospitalization or general anesthesia.
- Procedure lasts less than an hour.
- Mild cramping may occur and side effects typically resolve in a few days to a few weeks.
- Patients need to avoid applying lotion to the treated area and shaving their legs 24 hours before the appointment.
- Sclerotherapy has an 80% success rate for treating varicose and spider veins.
- Veins typically fade within a few weeks, occasionally taking longer to see full results.
To find the best treatment for your varicose or spider veins, call Family Medicine and Vein Clinic at (402) 316-4320 and schedule your appointment today!