What Everyone Should Know About Varicose Veins
If you are experiencing pain from varicose veins, you are not alone — this common medical condition affects more than 80 million Americans. Fortunately, varicose veins are reasonably easy to treat and can be managed with some simple lifestyle changes. Below are some helpful facts about varicose veins that everyone should know.
7 Useful Facts About Varicose Veins
- You can continue to cross your legs as this does not cause varicose veins
- If left untreated, varicose veins can present serious health risks
- Although the terms are used interchangeably, varicose veins are not the same as spider veins
- Men are just as likely to get varicose veins as women
- Pregnant women are at a higher risk of developing varicose veins
- Exercise promotes long-term vein health
- Professional treatment is the only sure solution
If you are interested in learning more about treatment options for varicose veins, call our vein clinic at (402) 316-4320 and schedule an appointment with our vein specialist today!