What is Sclerotherapy
Do you want to eliminate those terrible varicose and spider veins? Our vein clinic uses a medical procedure known as Sclerotherapy to remove those unwanted veins. This method involves injecting medication with a tiny needle directly into the vein. The solution causes the vein to shrink and is eventually absorbed by the body. Sclerotherapy is a procedure that began in the 1930s to relieve pain and itching in the legs associated with varicose and spider veins.
6 Benefits of Sclerotherapy
• Sclerotherapy is an easy and straightforward treatment that requires no hospitalization or general anesthesia.
• The procedure is safe with minimal risks. If any side effects occur, they are usually gone within a few days or weeks.
• Preparation is simple. Patients avoid applying lotion to or shaving their legs for 24 hours before the appointment.
• The procedure is quick, lasting less than an hour and patients report little pain or discomfort.
• After Sclerotherapy treatment, the majority of patients return to their normal daily routines, the same day.
• Sclerotherapy has an 80% success rate for treating varicose and spider veins.
To find the best treatment for your varicose or spider veins, call Family Medicine and Vein Clinic at (402) 316-4320 and schedule your appointment today!