What to Look For: Heavy, Tired Legs
Sometimes it can be difficult to tell one symptom from another. If you think you may have tired, heavy, legs it is important to take the step to consult a doctor to help you obtain a correct diagnosis.
Signs of heaviness in legs include:
- Legs that feel like they are being weighed down when walking
- A dull ache or cramping in the affected areas
- Fatigue in the legs when walking or climbing stairs
- For arterial conditions, the heaviness and pain may stop when resting
- Swelling may occur and worsen as the day progresses with SVI
- For venous conditions, the aches may go away with elevation
- General discomfort in the legs that is persistent despite attempts to alleviate
To learn more about potential treatments for heavy or tired legs, call Family Medicine and Vein Clinic at (402) 316-4320 to schedule your appointment today!