Setting the Record Straight about Varicose Veins: 9 Varicose Veins Myths
Posted on: Jan 12, 2018
Varicose veins are large, raised blood vessels that are visible through the skin. Experiencing varicose veins is a common condition. Nearly three million new vein cases occur every year in the United States and around 25 percent of adults are affected. Many people are unfamiliar with how problematic they can be, what causes them, and who gets them. In this blog, we will go over some myths that surround varicose veins, and set the record straight.
9 Varicose Veins Myths
- Varicose veins are just a cosmetic problem
- Varicose veins are inevitable
- Only women get varicose veins
- Varicose veins are triggered by running too much
- Varicose veins can always be seen
- Varicose veins are caused by standing all day
- Lifestyle changes make no difference
- Surgery is only option to treat varicose veins
- Varicose Veins are curable
At Family Medicine and Vein Clinic, we are focused on providing you with the varicose vein treatment you need to ease your symptoms and get back to your everyday life.